Centre for Health and Resource Management (CHARM)
Account Number: 1219942506
IFS Code: CBIN0280008
Bank Name: Central Bank of India
Branch Name: Boring Road, Patna
Branch Code: 280008
Project Period: 01 April 2012 to 31 March 2015
Goal: Strengthening the Maternal, Newborn, Child Health and Nutrition (MNCHN) services and practices through interventions in capacity building, governance and accountability in the project area.
Coverage Area: 8 Panchayats of the Riga Block under the Sitamarhi District of Bihar (India).
Target Population: 73654
- To build the capacity of Frontline health-workers and their supervisors to effectively deliver MNCHN interventions and services.
- To increase health awareness and promote good governance through strengthened accountability at the block, district, state and national level.
- To enhance the quantity, quality and availability of empirical data related to the provision of MNCHN services (including technical, financial and managerial data) to inform decision-making.
- By the end of the project period, an increase in the percentage of Exclusive Breast Feeding, child immunization and safe deliveries in the target block was observed.
- An increased awareness among the communities and community-based organizations about accountability, mechanisms in health and how to realize them was also observed.